White Bean and Kale Soup Recipe
It doesn’t get much easier than this healthy white bean and kale soup recipe. It takes less than 20 minutes to cook, is vegan and jam packed with nutrients.
We promised to bring you as many of our soup recipes as possible during National Soup Month and this is one more.
We think you will like it!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (32-ounce) can or box low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups packed chopped kale
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin (optional)
- 2 diced celery stalks (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrots and cook 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add broth, kale and tomatoes and cover.
- Cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Add beans and simmer until beans thoroughly heated. thoroughly.
Serve hot. Dinner rolls or saltine crackers make a nice compliment to this healthy soup.