Un-Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe
I don’t know what I like best about this cabbage roll recipe… that it is easy, delicious, or healthy. Or all three. Oh yes, it cooks in on pot, so easy cleanup too. Note: we used a fairly large cast iron skillet in the video. I recommend a Cast Iron Dutch Oven!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large sliced onion
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and peper to taste
- Brown found beef, onions and garlic in dutch oven, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain off grease
- Add rice and chicken broth. Simmer on medium heat about 5 – 10 minutes
- Add cabbage, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce salt and pepper and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.
This is a recipe I will be making over and over. I’m sure you will too!