Turkey, Cranberry, Apple Salad with Pecans
If you’re looking for a way to use up turkey leftovers after your Thanksgiving or Christmas feast, this Turkey, Cranberry, Apple Salad with Pecans recipe is one of the most delicious ways to do so.
Truth is that once you have tried it you won’t wait around for the holidays to make it again! You can also substitute chicken breast for the turkey breast to make it a little easier to enjoy year round. This also makes a great sandwich. Think chicken and tuna salad sandwiches.
Try swapping some plain Greek yogurt for the mayo to add some probiotics to it.
A healthy delicious way to use up your leftover holiday turkey, or for any time of year!
- 2 cups fully cooked diced turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced apple we used green apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans roasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar optional
- 1 - 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise or yogurt, lemon juice, sugar and vinegar in a large bowl. Mix well
- Add the turkey, cranberries, apple and pecans.
- Mix well and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors time to blend.
- Serve as it is, or try serving it on top of a bed of greens.