Sweet Potato Bisque Recipe
This sweet potato bisque has a delicious full flavor and a velvety texture. It’s the perfect side-dish for holiday dinner tables or as a fall comfort food.
A delicious fall comfort food that is also ideal for your holiday dinner tables as a side dish.
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3 to 4 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 orange juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan and salute the onions and garlic for ten minutes.
- Add ginger, thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon and cook one more minute
- Add the sweet potatoes, orange juice, orange zest and vegetable stock and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover and cook about 25 - 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender. This can also be done in batches using a blender or food processor. Add the almond milk and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately.
This site does contain some affiliate ad links from various companies including Amazon and I do earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. I try to only recommend products and services I believe are of good value.