Sweet Potato, Apple & Egg Breakfast Recipe
This rather unique concoction makes for a very hearty and healthy breakfast. The ingredients can sound like a bit of an odd combination, but trust me, it’s delicious.
1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 large diced sweet potatoes
- 1 diced apple
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- Heat a large skillet. Add olive oil, then the sweet potatoes, onions and garlic. Cook about 5 or 6 minutes. Then add the jalapeño pepper and sauté a few more minutes
- Add black beans and about a half cup of water and cook 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add apples, salt and cayenne pepper
- Create 4 “wells” in the mixture to the bottom of the pan. Crack an egg into each.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until the egg whites set but yokes are still runny
- Top with cheese, allow to melt a bit and serve
This recipe is quite different but it does taste great and it is quite filling.