Spinach, Mushroom Un-Omelet Recipe
It just doesn’t get easier or healthier than this spinach, mushroom omelet recipe.
Actually I call is an un-omelet as the eggs are fried around the spinach and mushrooms rather than beaten and having the ingredients folded inside. You get all the same nutrients with a lot less work!
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 5 -6 cups washed spinach
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- wash and pat dry spinach, wash and slice mushrooms (or buy pre-sliced)
- add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet and sautee the mushrooms
- add the spinach and simmer, stirring until wilted and darker green
- create four “wells” in the food for the eggs and crack an egg into each
- cook over low heat until the white set.
The time it takes to prepare this recipe is less than it would take you to cook a bacon and egg breakfast and it is much healthier. I don’t need to tell you the health benefits of spinach and mushrooms… or of skipping the fat you would get from the bacon!
Try it out. I’m sure it will become one of your favorites.