Simply Delicious Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
Soups are the perfect food for the winter months, and I feel the creamy soups are best! This creamy broccoli cheese soup recipe uses a blend of both sharp cheddar and parmesan cheeses for a richer taste. It’s a delicious and easy to make recipe your family will ask for again and again.
I like to serve it with hard rolls and dip the rolls into the soup!
Be sure to chop your ingredients very finely. The smaller the broccoli chunks the faster they cook. Also be sure to dice the onion very fine so you don’t have big chunks of onion ruin the consistency of the soup. Keep watch on it while it cooks. The milk can easily scorch on the pan if not stirred frequently enough.
A healthy delicious broccoli cheese soup using both cheddar and parmesan cheeses. The perfect comfort food for a cold winter day!
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 oz
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Stir in onions and cook about 3 minuted stirring frequently
- Stir in garlic and flour. Cook 1 minute
- Slowly whisk in milk and chicken broth and whisk until no lumps
- Add in broccoli. Cook until the mixture starts to boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 6 minutes until broccoli is tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cream
- Remove from heat and add cheeses. Stir until melted. Salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.