Pollo (chicken) Asada Fajitas Recipe
I find the words get confusing with this recipe. We have always called it Chicken Asada. But when I search for similar recipes I find it called Pollo Asado, Chicken Asado, and so on used interchangeably and its usually cooked on a rotisserie or as grilled chicken parts.
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice freshly Squeezed If Possible; Save Juiced Orange Halves
- 2 Whole Lemons Juiced
- 2 Whole Limes Juiced
- 4 Whole Garlic Cloves Peeled And Smashed
- 2 Whole Onions sliced
- 1 Poblano Pepper sliced into thin strips
- 2 Red Bell Peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 lbs Boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- Flour or Corn Tortillas Warmed
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, orange juice, lemons, limes, salt, pepper, and garlic cloves, saving juiced fruit. Whisk together. Place chicken and juiced pieces of fruit in large plastic bags or bowl. Pour marinade over the top, tossing to combine. Cover with plastic wrap (if using bowl) and marinate for at least two hours--several hours is better. Toss a few times during the marinating process.
Coat a cast iron skillet or cast iron grill with olive oil. Sauté peppers, onions and garlic.
- Remove and set aside.
Add chicken strips and cook until done. Return the peppers and onions to pan and mix in with the chicken. Leave on heat long enough for the peppers to reheat if they have cooled.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil and warm in in an oven at 300 degrees.
- Spoon portions onto tortilla, roll them up and eat.
This can also be served plating it and serving the tortillas on the side with pico de gallo, beans, guacamole, sour cream, and/or salsa verde.