One Skillet Cajun Chicken with Brown Rice Recipe
This Cajun chicken recipe is economical and healthy and includes an easy to make home made Cajun chicken rub.
We used a large cast iron skillet to make it in the video. I think you will find it easier to make if you use a cast iron dutch oven instead. You can also increase the rice and add other vegetable to stretch it if you do.
Cajun Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat and cubed
- 5 tbsp cajun seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- rough chopped cilantro or parsley
Homemade Cajun Chicken Rub
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Mix ingredients together.
Cajun Chicken Cooking Instructions:
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with half of the cajun rub.
- Coat pan with olive oil and brown chicken over medium high heat for about a minute on each side. Remove
- Reduce heat to medium and add rice, peppers, chicken broth and remaining cajun seasoning
- Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add cilantro or parsley and serve
When using a large dutch oven to prepare this meal you can easily double the rice and broth to feed more and make it even more economical.