One Pot Spanakorizo (Greek Spinach Rice) Recipe
This is another recipe that has everything going for it. A one pot recipe, it’s easy to make and the cleanup is a snap. It’s filling, utterly delicious, healthy and economical.
It provides enough nutrients that it can be a meal in itself, or it can be serve as a side dish.
What more can you ask of a recipe?
Some notes: Water can be substituted for the vegetable broth. You can use either fresh or frozen spinach, though I prefer fresh.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tbsp. dill chopped and divided
- 1/2 lb. baby spinach
- 1 cup rice brown, white or basamiti
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- feta cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, then dill. Sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the spinach, and cook for 3-4 minutes, just until it wilts down.
- Add the salt, pepper, rice, and vegetable broth and stir.
- Bring it to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the butter and lemon juice.
- Garnish with feta cheese and lemon wedges. Serve.