One Pot Chili Con Carne Recipe
This hearty Chili Con Carne Recipe warms the tummy and the kitchen during the colder winter months. It is an easy one pot recipe to make and cleanup is a snap.
2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven or a large cast iron skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined.
- Add tomatoes and browned beef. Stir in bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add beans and heat through.
I like to serve it with some grated cheddar cheese on top and with fresh baked biscuits with lots of butter, or saltine crackers.