Marinated Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs Recipe
The official start of summer is just 2 weeks away. It’s time to be thinking of what to cook on the barbecue grill and what to add to your Fourth of July cookout menu. In the next couple of weeks we’ll be posting recipes to make your Fourth of July, Memorial Day or Labor Day family cookout meal a little more special than the typical hot dogs, hamburgers and potato salad.
This Mediterranean Chicken Kebab recipe will help you break up the routine with something special for your family. Also see our Beef Kebab recipe.
Be sure to bookmark Totally Food and check back often. We are bringing you more delicious summer food recipes as fast as we can!
A note on the prep time for this recipe. It takes 30 minutes if you count the time it is marinating in the fridge. But the actual time you will spend preparing the ingredients is only a few minutes.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 green bell peppers cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red onion cut into squares
- wood or metal skewers
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp thyme
- 4 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Mix all ingredient for marinade in a small bowl
- Place chicken, onions and peppers in a zip lock bag and pour marinade over it. Seal and place in fridge for 30 minutes. Note: you may need to divide between 2 zip lock bags to fit
- Thread the chicken and vegetables on the skewers, alternating
- Spray the grate of your grill with cooking spray and grill for about 5 minutes on each side
Notes: Some people say not to use metal skewers as they heat the meat from the inside as well as the outside. I don’t really see this as a problem. Wooden skewers can catch fire on the grill. To work around this, soak the skewers in water while preparing the ingredients.