Mango Jicama Slaw Recipe
This Mango, Jicama Slaw recipe tastes like it is straight from the islands. It’s healthy, light and delicious.
We are posting this now as park of our summer cookout recipes. We’re trying to break up the monotony of eons of the Fourth of July cookout being basically hamburgers, hot dogs and potato salad. These foods are fine, but lets have some variety.
- 2 mangoes peeled and julienned
- 1 jicama peeled and julienned
- ½ small head of cabbage shredded
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 3 limes squeezed
- ⅓ cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 Put mango, jicama, cabbage and cilantro in a large bowl.
2 Mix the lime juice and honey in a small bowl with a fork until combined.
- 3 Pour honey-lime dressing over the vegetables and toss until combined.