Linguine with Clam Sauce Recipe
I think everyone loves a good linguine dish. One of my favorites is this Linguine with Clam Sauce recipe. It’s fast and easy to make and utterly delicious. Add some fried chicken and a green salad and you have a meal your family will ask for again and again.
- 1 16 oz box linguine
- 2 cans 6-1/2 ounces minced clams
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup mince parsley
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper Optional
- Shredded Parmesan cheese Optional
- Cook linguine to package directions.
- Meanwhile, drain clams and reserve juice. Set both aside
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add parsley and garlic. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add clams and saute for about two more minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and clam juice until smooth; stir into skillet with broth.
- Bring to a boil stirring as needed. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in the basil, pepper and cayenne.
- Combine the linguine with the sauce and serve. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Note: White wine can be substituted for chicken broth if desired.