Lemon Basil Bowtie Pasta Salad Recipe
This lemon basil bowtie pasta recipe has a light and zingy taste. It is a perfect compliment to your summer dinners, or as a light lunch or snack.
Delicious, light salad with a zingy flavor.
- 4 cups uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh torn basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and rinse until cool. Turn off heat and add to skillet.
Add basil peas and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Note that when you return the pasta to the pot and mix in the other ingredients, you can continue to head it and stir for a couple minutes until the basil is wilted and serve hot. I prefer it cold.