Homemade Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark Recipe
We all have those friends that bring us their special homemade goodie each year at Christmas or Thanksgiving that we look forward to. This delicious pumpkin spice granola bark could become the holiday treat you become known for!
This is an easy recipe to make and one with a lot of room to experiment. Once you have tried it, make another batch and try adding dried cranberries or raisins. Or for a softer more chewy granola bark try adding about a half a cup of pumpkin puree or applesauce to the mixture.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped mixed nut mix with pumpkin seeds.
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ to one pound chocolate chips either milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combine the nut mix, oats, pumpkin spice, egg white, melted coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicon mat and spread the mixture out. Shape it into a tightly-fitting rectangle shape.
- Place in the oven until the granola is hard, about fifteen to twenty minutes. Check frequently to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and cool fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or using microwave. Use caution to not allow any water to come in contact with it. It can ruin it! Also if using a microwave, use 50% power and be very cautious to not overcook!
- Gently turn the slab of granola over (note, if it is too thin to turn, skip this steand spread the melted chocolate evenly across the granola
- Place in the fridge to allow the chocolate to fully harden, then break into pieces!