Healthy One Skillet Beet Hash with Eggs
When I first heard of beet hash with eggs, I thought “how gross.” But I knew I needed more beets in my diet and tried it. I was astonished at how good this beet hash recipe actually tastes.
It may not be as fast as a Pop Tart for breakfast, but the healthy ingredients will give you lasting “natural” energy all day long!
Beet Hash With Eggs Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound beets, scrubbed and diced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 pound yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In a large cast iron skillet immerse beets and potatoes in water. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until tender. Drain
- Add olive oil and and onions and cook until potatoes are browned. Cook about 4 minutes, add parsley
- Create four openings in the mixture to the bottom of the pan and crack an egg into each. Cook until whites are set, but leave yokes runny.
Again, I can’t tell you how surprised I was to discover how utterly delicious this was! And how good it made me feel. A little confession here. I used to be the fast food, junk food king. With the insanely demanding life of a visual artist, I felt I couldn’t take time to prepare meals. As I became more involved with the food industry I discovered just how much of a difference it makes in how I feel to eat freshly prepared, healthy foods. The time I spend cooking healthy meals is more than made up for with improved mental clarity an productivity.