Grilled Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Recipe
There are so many ways to cook chicken and this is one of my favorites. The balsamic vinegar might sound like an odd ingredient to use for chicken, but trust me this is delicious.
In terms of cooking time, this recipe takes less than 10 minutes. But you want to make it ahead to allow the chicken time to marinate. Marinate it for at least an hour, or make it up the night before and marinate it overnight.
You can cook this on an outdoor grill, a grill pan or an indoor electric grill. Also feel free to substitute boneless chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.
A delicious, flavorful rosemary chicken recipe that's easy to make and economical
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- Whisk the sugar, garlic, pepper, red pepper, rosemary, vinegar, tamari, and olive oil until well blended.
- Lay out the chicken in a glass baking pan with high sides and pour the marinade over it. Cover with plastic wrap tightly.
- Allow to marinate at least an hour, preferably overnight to let the flavors really blend in.
- When ready to grill, spray the grill with cooking oil, then preheat the grill to a medium high heat. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Adjust heat as needed to allow the chicken to cook fully.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs if desired
This site does contain some affiliate ad links from various companies including Amazon and I do earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. I try to only recommend products and services I believe are of good value.