Fried Chickpea, Quinoa, Kale & Spinach Salad Recipe
This recipe is a superfood through and through. If you are trying to rebuild your health for any reason then you’ll want to put this recipe into regular rotation.
Chickpeas and quinoa both are high in protein and the protein in quinoa is a complete protein, unlike most plant proteins which are missing some part of the amino acid profile necessary to make it complete. Quinoa is such a high quality superfood the the United Nations declared 2013 as the Year of Quinoa and stated their belief the quinoa could resolve many issues with health, food shortages, nutrition and more. The spinach and kale are packed with vitamins and minerals and known as cleansing foods. It’s high fiber, vegan, gluten free and delicious! Oh, it’s also a one pot recipe so cleanup is a snap.
Please share this with your friends so they can enjoy delicious good health too!
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 13 oz bag of baby kale and spinach blend cups kale
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa per package directions.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas, patting them dry using paper towels.
- Heat enough olive oil to coat the pan in a large skillet. Add the chickpeas and spices and salute over medium high heat until browned.
- Add the kale spinach mix in batches, allowing one to cook down and then adding more.
- Mix in the cooked quinoa. If it is still warm from cooking it there is no need to cook longer. If not, add it in before you add the spinach/kale mixture.
- While the chickpeas are cooking in the beginning, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, zest, maple syrup, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Mix the tahini dressing in with the mixture and serve.