Economical Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe
Now that Christmas has just passed, economical tops my list of what to cook for dinner. This easy chicken rice casserole recipe feeds several people and does it for about $10.00 to $15.00
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas)
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each ) White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in an 11 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Top the rice mixture with the chicken and mix together. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Top with the cheese.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve
With this chicken rice casserole recipe, no one in your family will even know you are trying to be economical. It tastes that good.