Easy Tomato Bisque Soup Recipe
The cream in this tomato bisque recipe is what takes if from being plain old tomato soup and changes it into something a little more special: Tomato Bisque. This is an easy soup recipe that is perfect during the cold months.
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat add the olive oil and the onions cooking the onions until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the onions and continue to cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth to the pot, stirring until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 30 min – 1 hour.
- When the soup has finished cooking use an Immersion Blender to blend the ingredients together until the soup is smooth.
- Stir in the heavy creamy.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Serve in soup cups and top with garlic or other seasoned croutons, or with a few saltine crackers on the side.
Note: you can omit the cream and it becomes tomato soup instead of tomato bisque (although, unless you have an allergy to dairy products, I can’t see any reason to do so!)