Easy Roasted Carrots Recipe
Carrots tasted better roasted than with any other way of cooking. At least I think so! I also believe roasting retains more of the vitamins than when you boil them.
I think roasted carrots were part of every family holiday feast we ever had. Mom would toss them in the roasting pan with some onions and potatoes and cook them with the roast beef or the turkey.
There are times though when there just isn’t room for the carrots with all the other goodies, or you want the roasted carrots but don’t have anything else to roast. This recipe is so fast and easy there is no reason you can’t have roasted carrots anytime you want. Use pre-washed baby carrots in a bag to make it even quicker to make. You can have them ready for the oven in about five minutes and then do something else while they cook!
- 12 carrots or a 16 oz bag of baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill parsley, oregano or Italian seasoning
- . Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- . If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole. Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- . Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- . Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.
This site does contain some affiliate ad links from various companies including Amazon and I do earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. I try to only recommend products and services I believe are of good value.