Easy One Skillet Beef Stroganoff Recipe
I’ve loved beef stroganoff since I was a kid, yet somehow mom always considered it too much trouble to make it often. With this easy one skillet beef stroganoff recipe, there is no excuse not to eat it often.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 diced onion
- lean round steak, about a lb
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 4 1/4 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- cube round steak, dice onions and slice mushrooms
- coat cast iron skillet or dutch oven with olive oil and add the round steak and sauté until well browned
- melt the butter into the pan and add the mushrooms and onions and sauté until browned
- stir in the corn starch, paprika and 1/4 cup of the beef broth and mix in well until broth has evaporated
- gradually add the rest of the beef broth and bring to a boil. Starr in the egg noodles, reduce heat and simmer until noodles are al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes
- stir in the sour cream and fresh parsley.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as much as I do!
Note: as much as I love pasta, it doesn’t love me. So you will be seeing us substitute zucchini and other squashes for wheat pasta more and more in upcoming recipes. We will be cooking this recipe again using zucchini “noodles” and let you know how it tastes.