Easy Mongolian Beef Stir Fry Recipe
This delicious Mongolian Beef Stir Fry can be on your table in about 20 minutes. That’s less time than it takes to drive to the Chinese take-out restaurant or to wait to have it delivered. Plus, you don’t have to worry about MSG and other additives when you make it yourself!
Not only is this recipe fast to make, it’s a one-pot recipe so clean up is a snap.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 12 ounces flank steak thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 cups fresh green beans
- 3 cups sliced yellow bell peppers about 2 medium
- 2 cups cooked rice
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high. Sprinkle salt and pepper on steak. Add steak to pan and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak from pan (do not wipe out pan).
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, green beans and bell peppers to pan; cover, and cook 2 minutes.
- Uncover pan; add soy sauce mixture.
Cook until vegetables are tender but still crispy and liquid reduces by half, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add steak; cook 1 minute.
- Spoon rice onto 4 plates and top with beef mixture.
Note: You can also mix the rice in with the beef mixture just before serving as we did in the photos.