How to Cook Zucchini Spaghetti
I LOVE pasta, but have had a growing wheat intolerance that has gotten worse each year. I had to give up wheat. Fortunately I learned that I can still enjoy most any recipe calling for pasta or noodles by substituting Zoodles (zucchini noodles) for noodles. It is also lower in carbs, and higher in vitamins than pasta.
In this zucchini spaghetti recipe, we spiralize the zucchini (cut into long thin ribbons much like spaghetti noodles using a spiralizer but there are also some foodd processors with attachments that will turn your zucchini into thin slices much like egg noodles and other pastas.
Zucchini Spaghetti Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 zucchini, spiralized or cut into long strands
Zoodles Spaghetti Directions
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and black pepper in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Mix tomato sauce, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and red pepper flakes into ground beef; cook and stir until sauce is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Mix zucchini “noodles” into sauce, pressing down to fully submerge them; simmer over medium-low heat until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional)
I didn’t find myself missing my pasta at all when I ate this healthy spaghetti. If you haven’t tried Zoodles Spaghetti yet, get yourself a spiralizer and give it a try. You’re gonna love it and want to eat it over and over.
Be sure to check our other recipes we are posting using Zoodles.