Chicken Bean Casserole with Mushroom Parmesan Sauce
The flavor of this healthy, one pot recipe has to be tasted to believe. The cream, parmesan cheese and mushrooms blend together to form such a delicious creamy sauce.
If your beans are as long as what we used in the video, I suggest you cut them in half. I found it difficult to stir without making a mess with them being so long! As you are cooking the beans and mushrooms add quite a bit of juices to the pot. You may find there is still too much liquid in the pan when it comes time to add the cream and parmesan cheese. If so add a tablespoon of cornstarch, mix and simmer until it thickens a bit. Keep in mind that it will thicken more when you stir in the cheese. Use corn starch, not flour. Corn starch doesn’t tend to lump the way flour does!
I forgot my exact times on this recipe, but you can have this meal on your table in less than 30 minutes.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 10 oz mushrooms
- ½ cup chicken broth unsalted
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese more for garnish
- Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add chicken, season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Add garlic, beans and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and onion powder. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until beans are softened. If it seems like there is too much liquid at this point, add some of the corn starch and mix/simmer until it thickens. Note: It will thicken more when you add the parmesan cheese, so you want it a little runnier than normal here.
- Add heavy cream, stir and add parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is incorporated with the sauce. Taste and season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and garnish with extra cheese, if desired.