Busy Day Tuna Casserole with Chives Recipe
Enjoy easy cooking and cleanup with this fast one skillet tuna casserole recipe.
When I’m in a hurry, and I usually am, I want recipes with minimal prep and clean up time. This one pot tuna casserole recipe is one of the easiest and fastest. Click images if you would like to license them as stock photos.
- 16 oz package organic egg noodles
About 1/3 cup fresh chopped green onion tops. Most recipes call for peas, or cut green beans but we had some green onions we needed to use up and they worked deliciously.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 5 oz can of tuna, drained (we use water packed tuna)
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook at a low boil until al dente (if using frozen peas or cut beans instead of fresh chives, add them a couple minutes before draining the water).
- Drain and rinse noodles and melt the butter in the pan. Return the noodles.
- Add the soup, tuna, chives, milk and cheddar cheese. Mix well over low heat until cheese is melted.