Brown Sugar Maple Delicata Squash
The flavor of Delicata squash blends perfectly with the brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon used in this recipe. You can have it on the table in just 35 minutes.
The skins on Delicata squash are edible which makes this dish a lot easier to make than a similar recipe we are posting tomorrow using butternut squash where we had to peel them.
- 2-3 lbs delicata squash about 2 average sized squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the halves into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick slices.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste.
Place the squash and the olive oil mixture in a large plastic bag and gently shake until all of the squash is evenly coated.
Bake for 20-30 minutes. Squash is tender and slightly browned.