Easy Holiday Fudge Recipe
Homemade fudge makes the perfect gift to take to holiday dinner parties or when visiting family and friends for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Click to license this fudge stock photo for your uses. I have fond memories of the people that could be counted on to bring us some fudge each year.
2 cup white sugar
1⁄2 cup cocoa
1 cup milk
4 tbsp butter, or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
- Place a Candy Thermometer in the pan and cook until the temperature reaches 238 degrees F (114 degrees C). If you are not using a thermometer, then cook until a drop of this mixture in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball. Feel the ball with your fingers to make sure it is the right consistency. It should flatten when pressed between your fingers.
- Remove from heat. Add butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge loses its sheen. Do not under beat.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool. Cut into about 60 squares.